Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vovillia View Post
    Gamie mast envelope.

;-; the game is not finished yet?

Let's drift!

Quote Originally Posted by jvns View Post
    ;-; the game is not finished yet?
    Hasn't even started.

Some guys on the World of Speed Discord server are talking about a new studio taking over the development of World of Speed.

Quote: "With the exclusive license of World of Speed in the field of gaming consoles LAUDA INTERACTIVE assumes this responsibility for My.com."

JexRacer

Quote Originally Posted by JexRacer View Post
    Some guys on the World of Speed Discord server are talking about a new studio taking over the development of World of Speed.

Quote: "With the exclusive license of World of Speed in the field of gaming consoles LAUDA INTERACTIVE assumes this responsibility for My.com."
    ->http://laudainteractive.de/projekte/?lang=en
    ->http://laudainteractive.de/partner/?lang=en

Beginning to wonder why I still check in on this.

Interesting find. From the links, is it just me or does it appear that WoS (if released) would only be on consoles? Just what I got out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett99 View Post
    Interesting find. From the links, is it just me or does it appear that WoS (if released) would only be on consoles? Just what I got out of it.
    Disappointing since PC is the master race, but I have PS4 so if it's free then I'm not complaining. As long as we finally get WoS.

I think they plan to release WoS on consoles,and they also "work" on PC Games.
    Last edited by StellaWoS; 01-06-2017 at 04:12 AM.

Sounds promising. Hope we meet the new developers soon.

So...no cross-platform?

#ripwospc

So Slightly Mad did actually fuck My.com over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafaelll View Post
    So...no cross-platform?

#ripwospc

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar97 View Post
    So Slightly Mad did actually fuck My.com over.
    I think it was the other way around. I remember there was some drama going on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaWoS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JexRacer View Post

->http://laudainteractive.de/projekte/?lang=en
    ->http://laudainteractive.de/partner/?lang=en
    Quote Originally Posted by S14_ View Post
    Sounds promising. Hope we meet the new developers soon.
    I'm not quite sure about this:

The way I see it, due to this year long silence and the vague info in the links Stella provided, people think SMS no longer working on the game and Lauda interactive are taking over.
    I mean, Those links are so vague when it come to the devlopement of the game, how can you be so sure LI is the new dev team?
    Their "about" page looks like it's a very fromal way of saying they're dedicated to "e-racing".
    My point is, I get the impression LI's envolvment in WoS is more about making the the game "e-sport friendly" rather than actual development.

The development of Project CARS 2 and it also being heavily invested in E-sports, World of speed is likely being refined.
    Also, with involvement by establishments that can run the e-sports department, the development, the publishing, and the community, that means that things are coming together. On the other hand, we shouldn't be too optimistic with a small test being back in summer 2015
    - Ages

I found this article on IGN from 11 October 2016:

http://in.ign.com/raceroom-racing-ex...-new-uk-studio

Most of it has to do with another studio, but one paragraph has to do with LI and WoS:

"He's also involved in his own studio: Lauda Interactive. In a mildly head-scratching turn, the Lauda Interactive site makes no mention of SimBin but does reveal it appears to be involved with apparent Xbox One and PS4 versions of Slightly Mad Studios’ long-gestating PC MMO World of Speed."
    This is the earliest article mentioning WoS and LI together that I could find, so it seems that this partnership has been shown on their site for at least 3 months now with no official announcement of it here on the int'l forums that I know of, so it's not really anything new.

Still, hopefully something will materialise from this since it would be cool to have e-sports involved with WoS, as it would help draw a bigger audience for the game, especially with so many interested people who came over from NFSW gone by now.
    Last edited by SEANDUPRE; 01-13-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Well in any case, rip this game. Never even got officially released.

I don't think the project is dead. being a free to play MMO racing game, i think there's a lot to take care of as insurance. Not to mention that the same studio (albeit, a different branch) is also working on Project CARS 2, plus the promised 50 cars by open beta hasn't been fulfilled. With that in mind, the game is alive, but there isn't all of the content and the general infrastructure is not going to hold up.
    - Ages

I bet there are people who already died waiting for this game